Re: [WarOf1812] outdoor event !! and Key West . . .

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2004
      (Says she blushing . . . ) -- thank you Dancing Bob and Unkl Larry for
      the very gracious hat-doffing . . . however, I'm not really sure if this
      is truly brave or simply a one-woman demonstration of that fine line
      between bravery and stupidity!! (This, of course, after I have just had
      to use a blowtorch to open the compartment on my trailer that contains
      my sway bars . . . )

      Glad you have no ice, Bob -- we were also hit with that same storm a few
      years back but were only off power for a day or so. Peter (Twist) and
      I live about 20 minutes apart in an odd little hummock in the weather
      pattern that seems to engender more ice than anywhere else in the
      immediate vicinity -- sounds like we both got it this morning!

      Thanks for your good wishes, and I will indeed do my best to keep warm
      and sell lots!

      As to Key West . . . I'm afraid that the 'kini girls don't do the same
      thing for me as they do for you, Unkl Lar! The key question is -- how's
      the surfing there this time of year? November and December off Tofino
      (west coast of Vancouver Island) are storm months and we do get some
      great waves for riding . . . hard to beat, but we do have to catch the
      rides in a wetsuit instead of a 'kini.

      In fact, it looks pretty good right now . . .
      http://www.westcoastaquatic.ca/webcam.htm . . .

      Cheers,
      -- Sioux