Re: [WarOf1812] Re: "Regency House Party"

  • Peter Monahan
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
      > PS Who gave Mr. Monahan permission to sign himself Esquire ?

      from various sorces so maybe he gave himself permission :)

      He did! On the specious and spurious grounds and reasoning that if it's good enough for Bill Clinton and his ilk ...

      We colonials don't really understand all this peerage busines. My 'umble apologies, Squire!

      Your most humble and obedient servant,
      Plain Mr. P. Monahan
    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
        Please do not confuse the Squirage with the Peerage!!

        He is definitely already above his "station" in life, DO NOT encourage him,
        the Earl of Titchmarsh beggars belief :-)

        Cheers

        P**

        > PS Who gave Mr. Monahan permission to sign himself Esquire ?

        from various sorces so maybe he gave himself permission :)

        He did! On the specious and spurious grounds and reasoning that if it's
        good enough for Bill Clinton and his ilk ...

        We colonials don't really understand all this peerage busines. My 'umble
        apologies, Squire!

        Your most humble and obedient servant,
        Plain Mr. P. Monahan

        square miles...

        ---------------------------------
        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        American Forces Unit Lisiting
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p9tq66/M=315388.5543472.6613714.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705020536:HM/EXP=1099395951/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
        .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
        here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5543472.6613714.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2372354/rand=552176353>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Peter Monahan
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
          Please do not confuse the Squirage with the Peerage!!

          He is definitely already above his "station" in life, DO NOT encourage him,
          the Earl of Titchmarsh beggars belief :-)

          Actually, I have that differencing figured out. What truly concerns me is the Lord of London (Ontario, Canada) -"L2" - and his claim that he is entitled to use "Esquire".

          It beggars belief that he could be a member of the noble classes, even on the wrong side of the blanket and I hesitate to blacken his character, such as it is, by suggesting that he might be a member of the legal fraternity so... ?

          PM

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
            I think I'll not get involved in the internal affairs of a Colony, even such
            a friendly one, it always seems to lead to bloodshed!

            Cheers

            P**

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129tju7nl/M=315388.5543473.6613715.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705020536:HM/EXP=1099412031/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
            .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
            here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5543473.6613715.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2372354/rand=404093533>

            _____