Lunar Eclipse

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2004
      From: "Bob Dorian" <dancingbobd@...>

      " ... there will be a total
      Lunar eclipse of the moon tonight. Starts about 8:30 pm Central
      Daylight time. Fog here in KC, MO so go out and look for me.

      Bob Dorian
      Engineer

      From: "Andrew Bateman" <abateman@...>

      Just got in from watching it this evening. It was cloudy all day and I
      thought I'd miss it, but it cleared up this evening so I took my spotting
      scope and repaired to the back yard with a good glass of scotch. It was
      quite a show.

      Andrew Bateman, 41st Foot
      (sometime Engineer, but not in 1812 where I be an uneducated Private)

      Living on the other side of the same city as Mr. Bateman, Kitchener,
      Ontario, Canada
      (about an hour west of Toronto) I found it cloudy, but still seeable. I did
      not have a
      good glass of scotch, rather a good bottle of Raspberry Cordial.

      As the night progressed I changed from opera glasses to binoculars as my
      site was fading .....
      .... finally my wife guided me back into the house ......

      Yrs.,

      L2
      (never an Engineer, but did work in the Engineering Dept. of the
      International Truck Plant)

      PS: Mr. Dorian, You never need ideal atmospheric conditions to observe
      a Lunar Eclipse
      just the right drink ...... :^)