Folding secretary

  • PEGGY Mathews
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2004
      I came across an offer for a nice folding "secretary." A combination of
      drawers and other storage places for writing supplies, medicines, etc. Has
      leather straps to hold things in place when folding it over and the whole
      thing shut. So what I am wondering is, can anyone tell me what sort of time
      frame (if any) this might fit into? It looks very useful, but I'm wondering
      if it's more ACW era or later. About 6x15x12" when open IIRC and folds into
      a nice rectanganel shape.

      Thanks for any help.

      Michael Mathews

      "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
      research."
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2004
        From: "Michael Mathews" <ciefranche21e@...>

        " ... a nice folding "secretary ... I am wondering is, can anyone tell me
        what sort of time
        frame (if any) this might fit into? ..."

        Michael

        Hold it closer to my monitor ....... so I can sees it!

        or maybe a photo :^)
      • PEGGY Mathews
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2004
          I was under the impression that this yahoo group didn't allow pictures to be
          included in the e-mails, lest we get images of "Hot Russian Women Looking
          For Husbands" as happened to another group I read. I'll scan and post one
          tonight. (Secretary, not Russian women.) Just figured with all the officer
          types around and cross-over periods that someone might recognize the
          physical description.

          Michael

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2004
            From: "Michael Mathews" <ciefranche21e@...>

            I was under the impression that this yahoo group didn't allow pictures ..

            Correct Michael Mon Ami'

            But one can post a photo to the photo section
            of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WarOf1812
            Or ask Messieurs Fournier or Kelly to do same