Re: [WarOf1812] Thames River Dispatch

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
      Mr Peter Twist,
      Deputy Adjutant General

      Sir,
      It is my duty to report to you of the latest engagement with the
      American Forces along the Thames River. On Oct 2nd, the rearguard of Maj.
      Gen. Proctor's forces, temporarily under my command, consisting of the Light
      Coy of Royal Scots, companies of 89th, Glengarry Light Inf, Incorporated
      Militia of Upper Canada, Norfolk Militia, Lincoln Militia and well as our
      native allies breifly stopped Harrison's advance troops at a bridge crossing
      McGregor's creek at the forks of the Thames. Our native allies were
      instrumental on this victorious day. This action allowed our forces to
      reach Dolsen's farm unmolested.
      The following day, Oct 3rd, Harrison's army was able to once again make
      contact with us. Under Mr Proctors orders, a defensive line was established
      near the village of Morraviantown. Due to an acute of fever I was unable to
      direct our forces in action. It was reprted to me however that there was an
      American sergeant who had an uncanny resemblance to me. Despite our forces
      stoic bravery and our allies determination, Harrison's sheer numbers carried
      the day. During the engagement Chief Tecumseh was killed. We are currently
      enroute to London but I expect a few troops to be present at Mississinewa.

      Your servent,
      Mark Dickerson
      Capt, Light Coy, Royal Scots
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004