Re: [WarOf1812] T.O. was Chatham

  • Len Heidebrecht
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
      See Larry seee!? I tol' ya that Alliston wasn't in the GTA (Greater
      Toronto Area, Centre of the Universe thingee) an' my neighbour
      Monahan sez so too! Ok, well I hardly ever see him except at the pub.
      Alliston, home of at least three re-enactors other than Peter and
      myself, is the Potato Capital of Ontario. Now you just can't say that
      sort of thing and remain serious.
      Cheers,
      Len (who is unhappily moving his cooperage)
      Toto! Oh Toto!

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@s...>
      wrote:
      > Jonathon Bob!
      >
      > I actually reside some 70 kilometers (3 traffic jams or 40 miles)
      north of "the center..." which, in Torontoid terms means I'm millions
      of miles from anywhere "in a galaxy far far away". Kansas? Well,
      Kansas isn't just in another galaxy, it's in another universe!

      > (Sorry, Bob, can't seem to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek
      after I posted that "center..." thing.
      > [Insert Big smiley grinny emoticon thing here}
      >
      > Yours from the fringe,
      > Peter Monahan,Sgt
      > From: dancingbobd@w...
      > Date: 2004/10/04 Mon AM 01:29:00 EST
      > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] T.O. was Chatham

    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
        Actually for those of us on the border, Toronto is off in space, so you are
        not far off Bob!!

        Kevin