Re: Re: [WarOf1812] T.O. was Chatham

  • Peter Monahan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
      Jonathon Bob!

      I actually reside some 70 kilometers (3 traffic jams or 40 miles) north of "the center..." which, in Torontoid terms means I'm millions of miles from anywhere "in a galaxy far far away". Kansas? Well, Kansas isn't just in another galaxy, it's in another universe!

      (Sorry, Bob, can't seem to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek after I posted that "center..." thing.
      [Insert Big smiley grinny emoticon thing here}

      Yours from the fringe,
      Peter Monahan,Sgt
      From: dancingbobd@...
      Date: 2004/10/04 Mon AM 01:29:00 EST
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] T.O. was Chatham

      Unkle Lar,

      Right you are!! But even those of us in Kansas [well actually I am 11
      miles east of Kansas, but close enough to count ; - ) ] know that
      Toronto, Ontario is the only one that qualifies as the "Centre of the
      Universe" as we have been so often told by the members of this list who
      reside there and seem to be quite proud of that fact.

      However, here in the US, we are taught that the center of the universe
      is billions of light years off in space [please don't ask which
      direction as I must have slept through that part many, many years ago in
      university]. Of course, thing may be different in Canada.

      Regards,

      Bob
      [A Jonathan from Ft. Osage, Upper Louisiana Territory on the Missouri
      River]

      Peter Monahan
    • Len Heidebrecht
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
        See Larry seee!? I tol' ya that Alliston wasn't in the GTA (Greater
        Toronto Area, Centre of the Universe thingee) an' my neighbour
        Monahan sez so too! Ok, well I hardly ever see him except at the pub.
        Alliston, home of at least three re-enactors other than Peter and
        myself, is the Potato Capital of Ontario. Now you just can't say that
        sort of thing and remain serious.
        Cheers,
        Len (who is unhappily moving his cooperage)
        Toto! Oh Toto!

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@s...>
        wrote:
        > Jonathon Bob!
        >
        > I actually reside some 70 kilometers (3 traffic jams or 40 miles)
        north of "the center..." which, in Torontoid terms means I'm millions
        of miles from anywhere "in a galaxy far far away". Kansas? Well,
        Kansas isn't just in another galaxy, it's in another universe!

        > (Sorry, Bob, can't seem to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek
        after I posted that "center..." thing.
        > [Insert Big smiley grinny emoticon thing here}
        >
        > Yours from the fringe,
        > Peter Monahan,Sgt
        > From: dancingbobd@w...
        > Date: 2004/10/04 Mon AM 01:29:00 EST
        > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] T.O. was Chatham

      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
          Actually for those of us on the border, Toronto is off in space, so you are
          not far off Bob!!

          Kevin