T.O. was Chatham

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
      From: "peter monahan" <petemonahan@...>

      willing to winter work on boots: drop off in Alliston,T.O.
      (the center of the universe)or the Christmas show in Hamilton.

      ------------------------

      I say Ole boy,

      what T.O. (Centre of the Universe) would that be?!?

      Toronto, Ohio, United States ?
      Toronto, Kansas, United States ?
      Toronto, South Dakota, United States ?
      Toronto, Ontario, Canada ?

      It would be a fright if they sent their boots to Kansas .......

      on the other hand we have subscribers in Japan, New Zealand
      and Australia and there may be a Toronto there as well ........

      Not all on this list are from Ontario, Canada ......

      .. now there is an Ontario, California ...... hmmmmmm
    • dancingbobd@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
        Unkle Lar,

        Right you are!! But even those of us in Kansas [well actually I am 11
        miles east of Kansas, but close enough to count ; - ) ] know that
        Toronto, Ontario is the only one that qualifies as the "Centre of the
        Universe" as we have been so often told by the members of this list who
        reside there and seem to be quite proud of that fact.

        However, here in the US, we are taught that the center of the universe
        is billions of light years off in space [please don't ask which
        direction as I must have slept through that part many, many years ago in
        university]. Of course, thing may be different in Canada.

        Regards,

        Bob
        [A Jonathan from Ft. Osage, Upper Louisiana Territory on the Missouri
        River]
      • Peter Monahan
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
          Jonathon Bob!

          I actually reside some 70 kilometers (3 traffic jams or 40 miles) north of "the center..." which, in Torontoid terms means I'm millions of miles from anywhere "in a galaxy far far away". Kansas? Well, Kansas isn't just in another galaxy, it's in another universe!

          (Sorry, Bob, can't seem to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek after I posted that "center..." thing.
          [Insert Big smiley grinny emoticon thing here}

          Yours from the fringe,
          Peter Monahan,Sgt

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
            See Larry seee!? I tol' ya that Alliston wasn't in the GTA (Greater
            Toronto Area, Centre of the Universe thingee) an' my neighbour
            Monahan sez so too! Ok, well I hardly ever see him except at the pub.
            Alliston, home of at least three re-enactors other than Peter and
            myself, is the Potato Capital of Ontario. Now you just can't say that
            sort of thing and remain serious.
            Cheers,
            Len (who is unhappily moving his cooperage)
            Toto! Oh Toto!

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Monahan <petemonahan@s...>
            wrote:
            > Jonathon Bob!
            >
            > I actually reside some 70 kilometers (3 traffic jams or 40 miles)
            north of "the center..." which, in Torontoid terms means I'm millions
            of miles from anywhere "in a galaxy far far away". Kansas? Well,
            Kansas isn't just in another galaxy, it's in another universe!

            > (Sorry, Bob, can't seem to get my tongue unstuck from my cheek
            after I posted that "center..." thing.
            > [Insert Big smiley grinny emoticon thing here}
            >
            > Yours from the fringe,
            > Peter Monahan,Sgt
            > From: dancingbobd@w...
            > Date: 2004/10/04 Mon AM 01:29:00 EST
            > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] T.O. was Chatham

          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
              Actually for those of us on the border, Toronto is off in space, so you are
              not far off Bob!!

              Kevin