Re: [WarOf1812] Cannon from Lundy's Lane

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Mark glad to see you are compiling such a unique history. It is truly a
      large task. The brass cannon that was taken away by mistake was never
      recovered by the British. I have been trying to track the gun down and have
      in fact found two museums that claim to have it. One in Georgia and one in
      Virginia. Once I find out for sure I will let you know.

      All the best.
      Kevin Windsor, Curator
      Lundy's Lane Historical Museum

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
        Hi there Kevin et al,
        As we have a number of our members in those states perhaps you could
        narrow the range slightly so we might get some pics of those or any
        other veterans of the war.
        Hmm, a photo file of the trophies on this list would be cool. I
        can't afford a good digital camera right now or I'd start it. Anyone
        up for the challenge? Sounds like a coffee table book idea.
        Cheers,
        Len