Ft. Niagara Dispatch

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28 8:48 AM
      I am directed to forward the following

      Unit Commanders, Please Inform your members,

      L. Lozon ~ AdC
      ___________________________________

      Crown Forces North America
      September 27, 2004

      Mr. Pickles, Commander, Crown Forces North America

      Sir,

      It is my great pleasure to report to you and congratulate Fort
      Niagara, the American Forces and Crown Forces for a highly successful 1812
      weekend of opposing line tacticals Sept. 25,26, 2004. The "Garrison" weekend
      has truly changed into a full blown tactical weekend, featuring an evening
      assault on the fort by your brave Crown Forces and
      a battle scenario outside the fort Sunday with cannon blazing from the Fort
      walls towards the attackers. The other tactical demonstrations by Crown and
      American Forces within the fort consumed much gunpowder.

      My thanks to all Crown Forces who attended. Special thanks to Doug
      DeCroix, 6th (1st Warwickshire) Regt., Fort Niagara Event Co-ordinator for
      designing a well rounded weekend. This fort is a very comfortable site for
      re-enactors and the Crown Forces Event next September will offer even more
      for those who attend Fort Niagara 1812 Weekend, Youngstown N.Y. The border
      crossings were very quick and non eventful.

      Brigade Chaplain Raymond Hobbs conducted a moving Memorial Service
      for our fallen comrades, Allan Wooten (IMUC) and Keith Aiken (IMUC) with the
      help of John Harris and myself. It was suggested that the Fort Niagara event
      every September be the site for this yearly Memorial Service and it is hoped
      that it not be necessary next year. Please contact Mr. Hobbs
      ray.hobbs@... with any memoriam information.

      During the same combined USA and Crown forces parade Sergeant Major
      Hal Dennison was introduced to all troops as the man who will make their
      lives "a living hell". Thank you Mr. Dennison for agreeing to assume this
      position within the Crown Forces. http://1812crownforces.tripod.com has
      been updated accordingly.

      The Drums, under Drum Major Ross Flowers added immensely to the
      success of the weekend with their presentation to the largest crowd of
      spectators for the evening assault that this site has ever registered. The
      actual battle was moved about thirty minutes back to allow all spectators to
      enter.

      I anticipate our meeting Oct 8-10 near the Mississinewa River,
      Marion, Indiana and have it on good authority that a goodly number of your
      Crown Forces North, shall accompany myself to assist your efforts.

      Your Servant

      Peter Twist
      Deputy Adjutant General

      ___________
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29 3:54 PM
        On behalf of the Grenadier Company of His Majesty's 89th Regiment of Foot;
        congratulations Hal.
        My men will follow you anywhere. (if you ply them with alcohol first)
        Looking forward to your constant presence on the field and presents in the
        mess next year.

        Kevin Windsor, Captain.
        Grenadier Coy, 89th Foot

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29 4:00 PM
          The border was VERY quick. It took about 45 seconds. I was in kit and had
          photo ID out, the guard knew where I was going and what for. Asked what I
          had to declare and that was it.
          Coming home was 30 seconds tops. Same thing.

          A note for event organisers. Doug sent the border crossing points all of
          the information about the event and everything they would expect. Made it a
          breeze.

          Kevin
          89th

          The border crossings were very quick and non eventful.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
            ==============================
            "CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA"

            Unit Commanders
            Please Inform your Members

            ==============================

            I am requested to forward
            the following

            L. Lozon ~ AdC
            Crown Forces North America
            ==============================

            Ft. Niagara Dispatch

            General Tim Pickles
            Crown Forces North America
            H.Q. New Orleans

            My Dear Sir

            His Majesty's Forces, North America did indeed deploy at Fort Niagara
            against a formidable foe July 21-22.

            You were sorely missed, but indeed you would have been proud of the
            Crown Forces North America actions.

            The 2007 War of 1812 Grand Tactical, Fort Niagara near Youngstown, NY
            was very well attended and those not able to attend missed a great
            event.

            A special thanks to Doug DeCroix, Rob Ensminger, Josh Bodie, and the
            staff of Fort Niagara. Your hard work is what made this event
            possible. The flotilla under the able command of Lt. Hurlbut
            performed their duties flawlessly and added the wonderful Naval
            element that completes a top notch Grand Tactical. The staff as usual
            worked to perfection. Thanks to AdC. Lozon, Lt. Col. Williams, Maj.
            DeCroix, Maj. Everett, Adj. Bodie, Quarter Mstr. Ensminger, Sjt. Maj.
            Monahan and Drum Maj. Flowers for all their efforts.

            Of course, the presence of our formidable enemy was essential to the
            sucess of the weekend. Thanks to Col. Trumbull and all the US forces,
            especially Maj. Abolt and the Southern Department who travelled such
            a great distance once again to add their impressive talents to a
            wonderful show.

            The Music provided by The Crown Forces Corps of Drums, The US Field
            Musik 1812 and the Fort York Drums and Fifes added to the ambiance of
            the weekend.

            Photos of the event taken by Daniel Tobias are on the following web
            site http://danieltobias.com/ftniagarabattles .

            Make sure to put Jefferson Patterson Park, St. Leonard, MD. on your
            Events List for next year. The site is spectacular and the event
            promises to be one of the best.

            Many thanks to those who drove or flew from distant parts, the effort
            was appreciated. I encourage all Crown Forces to attend the Siege of
            Fort Erie - Aug 11-12 in Fort Erie, Ontario.

            Your Servant,

            Peter Twist
            Brigadier General
            Crown Forces North America