frock coat

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2004
      From: "Peter Monahan" <petemonahan@...>

      Mr lazon, sir

      As regards your comments on my alleged failure to carry out mess duties and
      the fate of my coat: I find your tone offensive and your implication
      slanderous, sir!

      No gentleman would presume to take the word of a Sergeant, particularly one
      with his notorious history, over that of a fllow officer. We will speak of
      this further, sir, when next we meet

      Your etc
      Monahan, Ensign, RNR

      ======

      Ensign Monahan,

      I see Sir, you are still Saturday evening's stupor. Or your batman
      or scribe is not availing himself of Webster's Dictionary.

      The Sergeant in question, whom all know to have proven himself in
      many a battle has never lost his coat!
      He is in fact a brave and upright man under the tongue of good report.

      Your alleged failure to carry out mess duties was not 'alleged'
      rather it may have been because your condition caused you to no longer
      understand His Majesty's English when addressed. We shall indeed speak of
      this further. Bearing in mind the Mess Rule:

      "If a member is at variance with any other member of the MESS
      it is required that they both retire from the MESS and adjust their
      differences amicably prior to returning to the MESS, less the of
      Serenity of the MESS be threatened."

      May I suggest, that if this cannot be achievable, we consider this
      an 'Affair of Honour' and settle same near the Mississinewa River in the
      early hours of the morning October 9, instant.

      I am Sir, Yours & etc.,c.

      L. Lozon ~ Aide d'Campe