Re: What Five Rivers does (was Upper MidWestern Ontario)

  • Five Rivers
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Brandon,

      >Does this mean you guys sell historical clothing!

      Well, yes and no. The garments I make are historical reproductions and
      not cheap, and I'm slow to boot, so only take a few (very few if any)
      commissions a year. What we do sell, and I encourage you to consider, is
      historical sewing patterns. And being as we're geographically close I don't
      mind at all mentoring you in making your own garments.

      As Larry says, visit our website.

      Hats: see Susan McLean who carries John McMicking's reproduction hats.

      Also take especial note of the merchants and sutlers Larry posted. I
      highly recommend Steve Abolt. Again, custom made garments not inexpensive by
      any means, but worth every penny. And if you build slowly, and with an eye
      to quality reproductions, you're investment will be worthwhile.

      And my apologies to anyone on the list who takes umbrage with the
      commercial bent of this message.

      Regards
      Lorina
      supplies