Sad News

  • John Harris
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 1, 2004
      My Friends , it is with sad heart that I inform you of the passing of Allan
      Wootton tonight.Allan was a long time member of I.M.U.C. and one of my
      closest friends. I don't have any details right now as to funeral
      arrangements . When I do I'll let people know.
      Until then
      John Harris
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 1, 2004
        Rest in Peace Lieutenant.

        John please give my best to Malcolm he will be in my thoughts
        with sadness
        Kevin

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 1, 2004
          In a message dated 01/09/2004 21:38:01 Central Standard Time,
          jharris@... writes:

          My Friends , it is with sad heart that I inform you of the passing of Allan
          Wootton tonight.Allan was a long time member of I.M.U.C. and one of my
          closest friends. I don't have any details right now as to funeral
          arrangements . When I do I'll let people know.
          Until then
          John Harris

          Many of us are getting to be 'of an age' and when those of our friends in
          the hobby pass it is well to remember that they are part of the fabric that
          helped preserve history and put us where we are today.
          I hope that, along with being a living memorial to the men of the Georgian
          era, we will also memorialise those of our own ranks who are no longer with
          us. The loss is hard to take but they will continue to march with us.

          Requiescant in Pace

        • britishnativeallies
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 1, 2004
            My thoughts and prayers are with him, his friends and family.

            Your King's Faithful Ally, Wolf Thomas BNA
          • ray.hobbs@sympatico.ca
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 1, 2004
              Dear John:
              On behalf of the 41st Regt. may I offer my condolences to Alan's family, the IMUC and to you for the
              loss of a good friend.
              Sincerely
              Ray Hobbs
              CO 41st Regt.
              Hamilton, ON

              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 2, 2004
                John

                On behalf of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment, my condolences to Allan's family and friends, including yourself. God bless you all

                Peter Monahan

                > From: <ray.hobbs@...>
                > Date: 2004/09/02 Thu AM 12:15:47 EST
                > To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Sad News
                >
                > Dear John:
                > On behalf of the 41st Regt. may I offer my condolences to Alan's family, the IMUC and to you for the
                > loss of a good friend.
                > Sincerely
                > Ray Hobbs
                > CO 41st Regt.
                > Hamilton, ON
                >
                > From: "John Harris" <jharris@...>
                > Date: 2004/09/01 Wed PM 10:40:50 EST
                > To: "WarOf1812" <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: [WarOf1812] Sad News
                >
                > My Friends , it is with sad heart that I inform you of the passing of Allan
                > Wootton tonight.Allan was a long time member of I.M.U.C. and one of my
                > closest friends. I don't have any details right now as to funeral
                > arrangements . When I do I'll let people know.
                > Until then
                > John Harris

                Peter Monahan
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 2, 2004
                  My Friends , it is with sad heart that I inform you of the passing of Allan
                  Wootton tonight.Allan was a long time member of I.M.U.C. and one of my
                  closest friends. I don't have any details right now as to funeral
                  arrangements . When I do I'll let people know.

                  May I add my name and the name of the Crown Forces
                  North America (Staff) to those who send sympathies to
                  the family.

                  Allan shall be missed.

                  "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

                  Commanders, Please Inform your Unit members

                  Your Humble Servant

                  L. Lozon
                  AdC - DAG &c.,
                  Crown Forces
                • capt_haha
                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 2, 2004
                    --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Harris" <jharris@p...> wrote:
                    > My Friends , it is with sad heart that I inform you of the passing
                    of Allan
                    > Wootton tonight.Allan was a long time member of I.M.U.C. and one of
                    my
                    > closest friends. I don't have any details right now as to funeral
                    > arrangements . When I do I'll let people know.
                    > Until then
                    > John Harris

                    Our hobby has lost far too many men from the field of
                    honor this past year. They will remain with us always.
                    On behalf of the Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment please
                    extend our thoughts and condolences to both Malcom and
                    Marie for their loss.
                    Larry Hanna
                    Cptn. Norfolk Militia
                  • Dale Kidd
                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 2, 2004
                      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Harris" <jharris@p...> wrote:
                      > My Friends , it is with sad heart that I inform you of the passing
                      of Allan
                      > Wootton tonight.Allan was a long time member of I.M.U.C. and one of
                      my
                      > closest friends. I don't have any details right now as to funeral
                      > arrangements . When I do I'll let people know.
                      > Until then
                      > John Harris

                      Deepest condolences to all of Allan's family and friends. Our
                      thoughts will be with you all in the coming days.

                      Sincerely,

                      Seaman Dale Kidd,
                      Allison (Seaman Allistair McMahon) Ritchie, and
                      Midshipman James Whyte

                      Upper Canada Provincial Marine, Amherstburg.
                    • J.Bruce Whittaker
                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 3, 2004
                        I would like to express my sympathies and condolonces on the passing
                        of Allan Wooton. I did not know him well but his good humour and
                        affability at the Lake Simcoe Heritage Faire and Militia Muster this
                        past June where he called our Saturday battle and "hosted" our small
                        1812 fashion show certainly helped make our small event the success
                        it was.
                        I know he will be missed. To Allan's family and to my friends in the
                        Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada please know that our thoughts
                        are with you.
                        Bruce Whittaker and Family
                      • lalozon
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 3, 2005
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 3, 2005
                            Please relay my, and all the 93rd's, best wishes and hopes to Dale.
                            To be blunt -- that sucks.
                            To be a friend -- he is in our prayers.

                            >      Dale Moudra went in for a transplant at 10:30 last night.
                            > They found he had an infection and would not do the procedure.
                            > Liver went to someone else. He was crushed, they both were terribly
                            > disappointed.
                            > He is still in the hospital.
                            >
                            > Ken

                            93rd SHRoFLHU
                            THE Thin Red Line
                            www.93rdhighlanders.com

                          • Lalozon
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 21, 2006
                              It is with sadness I report the passing of

                              John White - re-enactor - Mississinewa Battlefield Society

                              Mr. White died July 7 at Springfield, IL. of pancreatic cancer.
                              John was a mainstay in the Native American Village at Mississinewa 1812
                              events

                              John White shall be remembered during the Annual Memorial Service July 30
                              with the others who have passed since our last meeting at Fort Niagara.

                              Yrs.,
                              Larry Lozon
                              Message 14 of 26 , Sep 5, 2006
                                I am sad to report

                                Peter Twist's Father passed away Friday, September 01,
                                2006.
                                He had been in the hospital most of August.
                                A private funeral service was held early Tues. Sept.
                                5th. 2006

                                Our Sympathy to the Twist family

                                Larry Lozon

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • Susan Spencer
                                Message 15 of 26 , Sep 10, 2006
                                  I am sorry to have to pass on the news that the father of Richard Allen, proprietor of Four and Twenty Blackbirds, passed away in hospital last night after a long and difficult illness. A private funeral will be held shortly.

                                  Please send good thoughts to Gayle and Richard and their children, Paul and Jason, for strength and comfort in this difficult time. They have been at the hospital steadily for the last two weeks, and now need some time to rest and recuperate a bit, so please hold off on any telephone calls for a couple of days. If you wish, condolences may be sent to: fourandtwentyblackbirds@....

                                  In sadness,

                                  -- Sioux
                                • Chris
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Sep 11, 2006
                                    My Prayers go out to you my friend my family is always here for you
                                    any time.from my family to your's Peace go with you
                                    sign Chris Wilkinson
                                  • jbwhittaker
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
                                      This so much more eloquent than my post and truly speaks of Nancy. Thank you Kim for these words.
                                      Bruce

                                      Seko Akwekon, Hello All,

                                      It is hard to tell you and with great sorrow to tell you that Nancy Jensen has crossed over. She was a stalwart companion to Bert Summerhaze, a reenactor for several years, and a dear friend to all who knew her. Her helpful bag of goodies at camp were always there and freely given as were her sunny smiles. Nancy will be sorely missed in the Native Allies camp. Nancy also was a stalwart, contributing member of the British Native Allies and, later, The Upper Canada Native Allies; one of the last times that I saw her, she, amongst others had their hands dirty in clay mud, making pottery in the old way with coils...we still have to pit fire these; and will do so to honour the lady!
                                      Our condolences, Bert.

                                      Onen kiwahi, be seeing you, Kim Lundberg

                                      This from Bert:

                                      .....Nancy had been sick with mesothelioma for the past six months . It had been a up hill struggle to beat this horrible disease . Yesterday she was taken by
                                      ambulance to South Lake Hospital where she passed this morning at
                                      around 8;00 If anyone is interested in coming to honour her passing it
                                      will be In Sutton Forrest and Taylor funeral home (# 905-722-3274)
                                      on Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 2 pm.
                                    • roy winders
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
                                        Kim,
                                        on behalf of my unit, would you please extend our most heartfelt sympathies to Bert.
                                        Thanks.
                                        Roy.