First Invasion: The War of 1812

  • cfri@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Liste:

      I received the following message September 1 from the
      producers of the program since I am the webmaster for the
      Crysler's Farm site.

      Regards

      Robin R. Morris

      An invasion on September 11

      First Invasion: The War of 1812

      World Premiere Special on The History ChannelĀ®
      Sunday, September 12 at 9pm ET/PT

      On September 11, the United States faced attack. The invasion
      was launched not by a group of international terrorists, but rather
      by the greatest military power of the day, the British. On
      September 11, 1814, the British threatened America's
      sovereignty and the independence of its former colonies.
      Outnumbered, outclassed and out-armed, with the capital in
      flames and the president on the run, the young nation was
      pushed to disaster. The two-hour world premiere FIRST
      INVASION: THE WAR OF 1812 recounts this key turning point in
      the history of America. FIRST INVASION: THE WAR OF 1812 airs
      Sunday, September 12 at 9pm ET/PT on The History Channel.

      FIRST INVASION: THE WAR OF 1812 features commentary from
      historians and authors including Christopher George, one of the
      foremost experts on the War of 1812; Washington D.C. historian
      Anthony Pitch; Timothy Pickles, expert on the British military;
      Ralph Ketcham, one of the leading authorities on President
      James Madison; Martin O'Malley, Mayor of Baltimore; Scott
      Sheads, ranger/historian, Ft. McHenry; Jackson historian Robert
      V. Remini; and historians Steven Abolt, James L. Kochan; Larry
      L. Nelson and Libby O'Connell.

      FIRST INVASION: THE WAR OF 1812 is produced by Native Sun
      Productions for The History ChannelĀ®. Executive Producer for
      The History Channel is Dolores Gavin. Director/Executive
      Producer is Gary L. Foreman. Narrator is Edward Herrmann.

      For more information visit: www.historychannel.com/1812
      <http://www.historychannel.com/1812>