Fw: "1812" TV schedule

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
      USA History Channel Schedule

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Carolyn Raine" <morning.star1@...>
      To: <morning.star1@...>
      Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 6:05 PM
      Subject: "1812" TV schedule

      Hello Everyone,

      Here is the television schedule for our show "First Invasion: The War of
      1812", and the 2 related shows on The History Channel.
      Please make sure to watch!
      Ratings DO count!

      Also, send your comments to:
      viewerfeedback@...
      if you'd like to see more programs like this in the future!
      Thanks!

      Carolyn & Gary
      Native Sun Productions

      TV Schedule:
      http://www.historychannel.com/1812/

      "BEHIND THE SCENES/MAKING OF: FIRST INVASION" (30 min.)
      Watch how our program came together.
      Great interviews with the reenactors!
      Loads of fun! Looks like a feature film!
      TONIGHT - AUG. 29TH
      11:30p ET/10:30p CT

      SEPT. 3RD
      8:00a ET/7:00a CT
      2:00p ET/1:00p CT

      SEPT. 12TH
      9:30a ET/8:30a CT

      "MAIL CALL: GOES 1812" (30 min.)
      Filmed at Fort Meigs, with lots of artillery demonstrations.
      SEPT. 5TH
      10:00p ET/9:00p CT

      "First Invasion: The War of 1812" (2 hrs.)
      An important part of American history that's never been told...like this.
      We're proud of everyone who helped us, and grateful for the opportunity.
      SEPT. 12TH
      9:00p ET/8:00p CT

      SEPT. 16TH
      8:00p ET/7:00p CT
    • PEGGY Mathews
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
        I watched the "behind the scenes" last night, pretty good stuff. But what's
        with their comment about the "almost unnatural obsession" we reenactors
        have?! My stars there's nothing unnatural about my desire to wear wool in
        August, put a portable pressure cooker on my head, deal with battalions of
        bugs, all kinds of weather, and inane questions from the non-discerning
        public!

        No indeed, and I have a trio of nice gentlemen in their white coats who tell
        me so. In fact, they are coming to dress me for dinner in a different sort
        of white coat now. A bit long in the sleeves, but they say it will look
        fine once it's taken up.

        Tally-ho!
        Michael Mathews

        "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
        research."

        >"BEHIND THE SCENES/MAKING OF: FIRST INVASION" (30 min.)
        >Watch how our program came together.
        >Great interviews with the reenactors!
        >Loads of fun! Looks like a feature film!
        >TONIGHT - AUG. 29TH
        >11:30p ET/10:30p CT

      • Bill Jordan
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
          Obsession? What obessison?

          Just because I have more uniform items then "regular" does it make it
          an obsession?

          Just because my uniforms take up more space in the closet
          then "regular" clothes, Is that an obsession?

          Just because I pitch a fit on spending $80 for a pair of dang tennis
          shoes, but don't bat an eye a spending over $100 for a good pair of
          bootee's. Is that an obsession?

          My idea of fun is travelling across the countryside in a WOOL uniform
          in the middle of SUMMER and top it off with a leather shako, Is that
          obsession?

          I have no idea what those folks are talking about. Need to go to
          hand sew some buttonholes.

          Bill

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "PEGGY Mathews"
          <ciefranche21e@m...> wrote:
          > I watched the "behind the scenes" last night, pretty good stuff.
          But what's
          > with their comment about the "almost unnatural obsession" we
          reenactors
          > have?! My stars there's nothing unnatural about my desire to wear
          wool in
          > August, put a portable pressure cooker on my head, deal with
          battalions of
          > bugs, all kinds of weather, and inane questions from the non-
          discerning
          > public!
          >
          > No indeed, and I have a trio of nice gentlemen in their white coats
          who tell
          > me so. In fact, they are coming to dress me for dinner in a
          different sort
          > of white coat now. A bit long in the sleeves, but they say it will
          look
          > fine once it's taken up.
          >
          > Tally-ho!
          > Michael Mathews
          >

          > "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many
          is
          > research."
          >

          > >"BEHIND THE SCENES/MAKING OF: FIRST INVASION" (30 min.)
          > >Watch how our program came together.
          > >Great interviews with the reenactors!
          > >Loads of fun! Looks like a feature film!
          > >TONIGHT - AUG. 29TH
          > >11:30p ET/10:30p CT

        • Brandon
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
            You guys are lucky to be reenactors, my parents wold not allow me,
            and even if they did I live to far away from the action (Upper Mid-
            Western Ontario).

            You are appreciated though, I come down once and a while to see the
            reenactors perform. Is there to be a battle of Queenston Heights
            this year on October the 13th? This is my fav battle and I would
            travel to see it.

            Priviet
            Brandon

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Jordan" <wavey1us@y...>