Re: [WarOf1812] Re: SYW = Seven years War

  • craig w
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2004
      I think you'll find that WW1 and WW2 were classified as World Wars
      before the arrival of the US into the respective conflicts and that
      their participation in the same was not the deciding factor in the
      "World War" description.

      And Yes I agree that the SYW is likely the first World War.

      Craig

      > WWI should be The Seven Years' War
      > WWII should be the Napoleonic Wars, I mean the US was in both and
      > that seems to be a big factor in determining which ones are
      > classified,
    • us14thld
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, craig w <sgtwarner@s...> wrote:
        > I think you'll find that WW1 and WW2 were classified as World Wars
        > before the arrival of the US into the respective conflicts and that
        > their participation in the same was not the deciding factor in the
        > "World War" description.
        >
        > Actually World War 1 was the "Great War" until World War 2 started
        and then it was renamed World War 1 and the current war as World War
        2 actually it should have been GThe great War 1 and the Great War 2

        cheers

        Steve