Re: [WarOf1812] a proper sea 'was' CFNA Naval Establishment

  • LCpl_RM@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 10:18 AM
      My Lord,
      You forgot the definition given by Baldrick on BlackAdder:
      "Sea: A big blue wobbly thing what mermaids live in."

      Ed Seufert, LCpl
      1812 Royal Marines

      Mr. P**

      According to: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sea

      sea - (s) n. Abbr. S.

      a) The continuous body of salt water covering most of the earth's surface,
      especially this body regarded as a geophysical entity distinct from earth
      and sky.

      b) A tract of water within an ocean.

      c) A relatively large body of salt water completely or partially enclosed
      by land.

      d) A relatively large landlocked body of fresh water.

      Note:

      d) A relatively large landlocked body of fresh water

      Thus the name 'INLAND SEA' for the Great Lakes is correct.

      According to my research, those 'LAKES' you have in the UK
      are 'PUDDLES" :^)

      Sorry Squire John (with an "H") the Almond Sherry made me do it! :*)

      L2

      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Lisiting