Re: [WarOf1812] a proper sea 'was' CFNA Naval Establishment

  • LCpl_RM@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
      My Lord,
      You forgot the definition given by Baldrick on BlackAdder:
      "Sea: A big blue wobbly thing what mermaids live in."

      Ed Seufert, LCpl
      1812 Royal Marines

      Mr. P**

      According to: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sea

      sea - (s) n. Abbr. S.

      a) The continuous body of salt water covering most of the earth's surface,
      especially this body regarded as a geophysical entity distinct from earth
      and sky.

      b) A tract of water within an ocean.

      c) A relatively large body of salt water completely or partially enclosed
      by land.

      d) A relatively large landlocked body of fresh water.

      Note:

      d) A relatively large landlocked body of fresh water

      Thus the name 'INLAND SEA' for the Great Lakes is correct.

      According to my research, those 'LAKES' you have in the UK
      are 'PUDDLES" :^)

      Sorry Squire John (with an "H") the Almond Sherry made me do it! :*)

      L2

      ---------------------------------
      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Lisiting
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
        It (they) still aint Cs.

        Love

        P**

        Can you have frigates on water that isn't a proper sea? :-) QED?

        Mr. P**

        According to: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sea

        sea - (s) n. Abbr. S.

        a) The continuous body of salt water covering most of the earth's surface,
        especially this body regarded as a geophysical entity distinct from earth
        and sky.

        b) A tract of water within an ocean.

        c) A relatively large body of salt water completely or partially enclosed
        by land.

        d) A relatively large landlocked body of fresh water.

        Note:

        d) A relatively large landlocked body of fresh water

        Thus the name 'INLAND SEA' for the Great Lakes is correct.

        According to my research, those 'LAKES' you have in the UK
        are 'PUDDLES" :^)

        Sorry Squire John (with an "H") the Almond Sherry made me do it! :*)

        L2

        square miles...

        ---------------------------------
        Crown Forces Unit Listing: