Re: [WarOf1812] Port Dover

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
      Ah P*

      Don't tell that to the men of the Fitzgerald!!!! The Lakes have tamed many a
      seasoned sailor. All ended up in port.

      JG/RE

    • dancingbobd@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
        Ah John,

        It seems a terrible waste of port to put a sailor in it!

        Bob/USE
      • JGIL1812@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2004
          Sir Bob,

          Not at all. Many times I've immersed myself in "port" and it has always
          cleansed away the grit of the march and I find myself a better man because of it!

          Now if you're saying we shouldn't 'waste' our 'ports' on sailor types....
          That's another subject!

          Your Humble Servant,
          JG/RE & Savior of the British Empire

        • roy winders
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 23, 2008
            On behalf of The British Indian Dept. I would like to thank our Colonel Bob Blakely,
            Ian Bell and all who helped to make this past weekend such a success, cant wait for
            next year.
            Roy Winders, Capt.
            B.I.D.

          • roy winders
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 27, 2009
              All,
              better late than never, Port Dover pics have now been downloaded to our site.
              www.bid-1812.com
              Capt. Merengue.

            • roy winders
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 19, 2011
                On behalf of The British Indian Dept. I would like to thank the organizers and volunteers
                for all their hard work in making this years Port Dover event so enjoyable,
                nice camp layout and an amazing beach battle that left me hoarse. I'm embarrassed
                to say that pollen made me retire from the field during both land battles.
                Roy Winders, Capt.B.I.D,