Looking for Fife & Drums - Sept 18th/04

  • David J. Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 8:30 AM
      Dear List,

      If you know of anyone who plays fifes or drums and would be available to
      attend our Fort Willow/Nine Mile Portage Opening on September 18th/04 please
      have them contact me ASAP. There is financial compensation available for
      those who do participate. I have attached a tentative schedule and can be
      reached at brunelle@... or 705-549-5538.

      Thanks

      Dave Brunelle

      Tentative Schedule

      Friday, Sept 17th/04

      4:00pm till Dusk - Re-enactors set-up encampment at Fort Willow

      Saturday, Sept 18th/04

      7:00am to 9:00am - Re-enactors set-up encampment at Fort Willow

      7:30am to 9:00am - Breakfast for Participants provided

      9:00am - Re-enactors board buses for Downtown Barrie

      10:00am to 11:00am - Portage Trail/Re-enactment of Landing and
      Official Portage Trail Opening
      Participants and Public invited to walk the Portage Trail to Fort
      Willow (12 Km)

      11:00am - Re-enactors board buses for Fort Willow

      12:00pm - Lunch provided for all participants

      12:30pm to 5:00pm - All re-enactors are actively presenting to the
      public

      2:00pm - Ceremony/Official letters arrive from earlier ceremony after
      travelling the entire length of the trail

      5:00pm - Re-enactors can begin to pack up and leave. No overnight
      encampments on Saturday evening