RE: [WarOf1812] England had America was Off Topic - Happy Dominion Day, Fellow Canucks!

  • Peter Catley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      Not England, I think you will find that it was the Kingdom of Great Britain
      and Ireland from 1603 to 1801, so this is the correct title for the period
      you refer to and this was confirmed formally in 1707 and after 1801 it was
      known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. and since 1922 it
      has been known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
      which is certainly not the same thing at all. You see we have feelings as
      well!

      However the significant difference between the one and the thirteen was the
      achievement of independence!

      To the Ladies and Gentlement of Canada on this their Day.

      :-)

      P**

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
        On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:21:13 -0400
        "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...> wrote:
        > Actually England had 14 colonies in North America
        > The 13 American Colonies and Canada .................. :*)

        Newfoundland was a separate colony at the time, but were the two
        Canadas, plus New Brunswick and PEI considered separate colonies or
        one big colony at the time?

        Spikie Y Jones