National Aboriginal Day

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2004
      Today is National Aboriginal Day in Canada. A day set aside
      to honour the diverse traditions and outstanding contributions
      of Canada's first residents.

      As students of the War of 1812 we should remember today, those
      Native Ally leaders and warriors who fought during this conflict.

      Most of us know of Tecumseh and John Norton (Teyoninhokarawen)
      but can we name others who stood side by side with our Regiments
      and honoured themselves from 1812 to 1815.

      Yrs.,

      L2
    • natty10000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2004
        A tip of the cap to the representatives of H.M. native allies who had
        much to teach and deserve our on-going respect.