RE: [WarOf1812] how to turn kids off history part 2

  • Angela Gottfred
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8 3:57 PM
      > Krystle got 100%
      > The teacher threw out the project with out Krystle's consent or knowledge.

      Please make a point--if you haven't already!--of mentioning this to the teacher.
      It's possible that there was some kind of misunderstanding, and the project has
      gone somewhere else rather than into the dustbin. And if it really was thrown
      out, then you want to talk to the teacher to make sure that this doesn't happen
      to some other poor student next year.

      My sympathies to Krystle--that's really gotta hurt!

      Your humble & obedient servant,
      Angela Gottfred
    • Tracy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8 4:33 PM
        Hi Angela
        I phoned the vice prinicpal yesterday went to the school 8:15 this
        morning and talked the teacher, she walked away and slammed the door
        in my face.The VP was there also. The Vp and I searched the recycling
        bins and no project. The teacher said indeed it did go out in the
        recycling as kids were told to bring home the project but Krystle's
        class was not told and the teacher admitted she did not tell Krystle
        to take her project home ( this is when the teacher walked away). I
        made the VP write a note of apology and I am sure people will be more
        careful as to what gets thrown away.The Senior Public school staff is
        not used to being confronted in person by parents.
        Tracy

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Gottfred" <agottfre@t...>
        wrote:
        > Please make a point--if you haven't already!--of mentioning this to
        the teacher.
        > It's possible that there was some kind of misunderstanding, and the
        project has
        > gone somewhere else rather than into the dustbin. And if it really
        was thrown
        > out, then you want to talk to the teacher to make sure that this
        doesn't happen
        > to some other poor student next year.
        >
        > My sympathies to Krystle--that's really gotta hurt!
        >
        > Your humble & obedient servant,
        > Angela Gottfred
      • John Harris
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9 2:24 PM
          Message: 6
          Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:33:01 -0000
          From: "Tracy" <tracyforsyth@...>
          Subject: Re: how to turn kids off history part 2

          Hi Angela
          I phoned the vice prinicpal yesterday went to the school 8:15 this
          morning and talked the teacher, she walked away and slammed the door
          in my face.The VP was there also. The Vp and I searched the recycling
          bins and no project. The teacher said indeed it did go out in the
          recycling as kids were told to bring home the project but Krystle's
          class was not told and the teacher admitted she did not tell Krystle
          to take her project home ( this is when the teacher walked away). I
          made the VP write a note of apology and I am sure people will be more
          careful as to what gets thrown away.The Senior Public school staff is
          not used to being confronted in person by parents.
          Tracy

          Sounds like a typical snivelling serpent type spinning their wheels ,
          pissed off at the world for passing them by , and not giving a crap about
          anything but their pay check and the 2 month long vacation coming up. A note
          of apology ? That's going to solve this problem for you ? Don't get mad, get
          even ! Call Her every day, fill Her voice mail , put a note on Her car daily
          . DEMAND disciplinary action from both the school board, ( the VP is a
          witness )and the union that will probably protect Her .
          You had better work fast though, the 2 month break is coming up real fast .
          Regards
          John Harris
          -Please note , I have lots of friends who are GOOD teachers !!! This is not
          an attack on the profession .
          Now back to re-enacting !
        • Fred C Dobbs
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9 6:12 PM
            Reading this really steams me. Whjat your little girl went through
            is just plain awful. Govt. bureaucrats gone bad, no accountability.
            Times like this, I understand why the Americans had a revolution.

            Fred C Dobbs