Re: Registering

  • J.Bruce Whittaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Greetings all,
      I can not agree more with Kevin's post. As an event coordinator I
      know how important pre-registrations are.
      The Lake Simcoe Heritage Faire and Militia Muster on June 12 and 13
      is supplying breakfast to all reenactors. If you plan on attending
      please take the time to fill out a registration form found on
      www.uppercanadianheritage.com .
      I look forward to seeing many of you there. I even had a call from
      Denver Colorado about the event. Apparently this gentleman will be in
      the area that weekend and would like to attend. Isn't the Internet a
      wonderful thing.
      Be seeing you,
      Bruce Whittaker
    • westhouse03
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        I agree as well, especially if the event is supplying meals. Nothing
        worse than being ill prepared. But many do have the nice fine
        print. If you don't preregister, don't expect a meal.
        On the flip side, to be fair to the coordinators, if you find you
        cannot attend it would be nice to let them know your plans have
        changed so they can adjust their numbers.

        On a side note. Longwoods will be entering the modern age next year
        with on line registration. Many re-enactors coming to Longwoods for
        the first time have stopped by our website saying 'great site, but
        how do I register?' You don't, just show up then register
        then. ? ? ? Huh? We hope to change this for next year. When it is
        up and running, we'll be sure to put up a post so you can try it
        out. Register on line, stop in Friday, sign in, pick up your package
        and set up.

        Dave W.
        Royal Scots.
        UTMRS.