Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Merry Hearts

  • David Webb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi,
      Yes, this is an excellent book and a steal at this price. Pretty much
      anything by Carl Benn, Don Graves, (The editor for Merry Hearts) Robert
      Malcomson, or Wesley Turner are worth acquiring or at least reading, in my
      opinion.
      Incidentally, the Vanwell Book Sale is on this week, and will last until
      Sunday. Vanwell has a good selection of military books, and prices are at
      least 35% off. They are in St Catharines, Ontario. --Dave Webb. At
      09:41 AM 03/06/2004 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Angela
      >
      >I thought this book was excellent. It is a first hand account by Le
      >Couteur of the amazing winter march of the 104th (New Brunswick)
      >Regiment from New Brunswick to Quebec and then onto Kingston. It
      >also covers many events including Lundy's Lane and Fort Erie.
      >
      >A true bargain at $5.99. For those in the area, I also saw it at
      >the Hamilton Military Museum (near Dundurn Castle) for $5.00 along
      >with a number of other 1812 related books at bargain prices.
      >
      >My humble opinion,
      >
      >Tom Fournier
      >41st Regiment of Foot
      >

      > > The latest Hampstead House catalog includes _Merry Hearts Make
      >Light Days : the
      > > War of 1812 Journal of Lieut. John Le Couteur_
      > > (http://www.hampsteadhousebooks.com/product_info.php?
      >products_id=8765) for $5.99
      > > Cdn. Would this be worth acquiring?
      > >
      > > Your very humble & most obedient servant,
      > > Angela Gottfred

      >of square miles...

    • Angela Gottfred
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2004
        Thank you for your answers--I'll be ordering that ASAP.