Grand Tactical Thank You!

  • sacbg7
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      Dear friends,

      On behalf of all members of the US Forces in attendance I wish to
      extend our deepest thanks and appreciation to all who attended the
      Grand Tactical at Ft. Meigs, OH. The professionalism, camaraderie
      and esprit d'corps of all in attendance was a joy to behold.

      I can only re-echo the sentiments expressed already on this subject
      by my fellow One-list members. It was indeed a specail site to see
      those in red, blue and native attire all mingling together after
      hours around the various campfires. There was an excitement which is
      hard to describe for those who could not be with us. You were indeed
      missed.

      I wish to thank my worthy "foes" and very dear friends Tim Pickles
      and Peter Twist for their command of the Crown Forces.

      Special thanks to the site staff who were always willing to help and
      problem solve.

      Thanks to the men of the American Forces who allowed me the privilege
      and honor of command! Thanks to my fellow American officers, Rob
      Trumbull, Tom King, Martin Land, Myron Peterson, Lloyd Gower, Ed
      Bolla, and Craig Fisher. Thanks to Ken Hall and the men of the
      Kentucky Light Dragoons for not only their exemplary service on the
      field, but for providing horses for not only myself but for Tim and
      Peter on the British side.

      I would be totally remiss if I neglected those who were always
      willing and able to help, were there when things needed to be done,
      and can handle any job I needed doing even when I wasn't in my "happy
      place"...Dave Bennett, James Lundgren, and the men and women of the
      1st, 7th, and 25th US Infantries.

      We have made an icredible start towards the bicentennial. I urge all
      who were unable to attend to make plans for next years event. Only
      by working together will we succeed.

      i know I have missed many ore, so thanks again to one and all!!!

      Now about that cabbage.....

      All the best,
      Steve Abolt
      7th USILHA