Grand Tactical Dispatch

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      I am directed to forward the following

      Unit Commanders, Please Inform your members,

      L. Lozon
      AdC - DAG &c.,

      ___________________________________

      Crown Forces
      May 31, 2004

      Lieutenant General Pickles

      Sir,

      It is my great pleasure to congratulate Fort Meigs, the American
      Forces and the Crown Forces for a highly successful Grand Tactical
      May 29-10 2004.

      I extend my thanks to all Crown Forces who attended, especially those
      who drove from afar; the Royal Marines and the 95th . The Drums, Cavalry
      and Artillery added immensely to the success of the weekend.
      Brigade Chaplain Raymond Hobbs conducted an excellent period Prayer Service
      Sunday morning which was well attended.

      My appreciation to the efforts of Gary Forman and Carolyn Raine of
      Native Sun Productions www.nativesunproductions.com for their showing
      of FIRST INVASION ~ THE WAR OF 1812.

      This presentation which will be aired on the USA History Channel
      and featured many Crown Forces. DVD and VHS copies of this TV Movie
      will be available for sale at Mississinewa 1812 this October 8-10, 2004.

      Best wishes to Steve Hartwick who has stepped down as Crown Forces
      Sergeant Major. Steve has assured all he shall remain active in the hobby as
      a member of the 1st (Royal Scots) Regiment.

      Richard Feltoe will act in the capacity of Sergeant Major June 4-6 at the
      Battle of Stoney Creek and Hal Dennison July 2-4 for the Lundy's Lane
      - Chippawa event.

      The next Official Crown Forces event will be Lundy's Lane/Chippawa
      July 2-4. Please contact Kevin Windsor kevin.windsor@... for
      registration information. This is not a repeat of the event of a few years
      ago. The area for the battlefield and Crown Forces Camp is very large.

      The 2005 GRAND TACTICAL date is July 23-24, 2005 and Crown
      Forces will be encamped at Fort George. Plans are now under way.
      More information will be forthcoming.

      Your Servant

      Peter Twist
      Deputy Adjutant General

      ___________
    • us14thld
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004

        > I extend my thanks to all Crown Forces who attended,
        especially those
        > who drove from afar; the Royal Marines and the 95th . >
        >
        > The 2005 GRAND TACTICAL date is July 23-24, 2005 and Crown
        > Forces will be encamped at Fort George. Plans are now under way.
        > More information will be forthcoming.

        The 95th would like to thank all those who made us welcome at what
        was only our third event as a unit. We will look for all of you at
        Misssinnewa and Chalmette and if not there we will see you all at the
        next Grand Tactical, it was well worth the travel.

        Captain Stephen Allie
        2nd co. 3rd batt. 95th Rifles