Re: 1812 Events 2004

  • glifencible
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
      Mr P**

      you can find some information on the events below:

      http://www.oldfortniagara.org/ (25-26 September)
      http://www.fairattheforks.com/ (3-4 October)

      Hope this helps
      Regards
      Bill

      > As you know we're planning to come across the pond for a wedding near
      > Albany, NY. I notice there is an event at Youngstown on Sunday 26th
      > September 2004 and at Chatham, Ont. On 2 & 3 October can you point
      me in the direction of more information and who to contact I would
      like to see if they'd let me come along.

      > Cheers
      >
      > P**
    • mark dickerson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
        Hi Peter. Mark Dickerson here. I am the military coordinator for the
        Battle of the Thames/Faire at the Forks in Chatham, Ontario. It is located
        about 1 hour from Detroit along the 401 highway. The week end recreates the
        Battle of the Thames where Harrison's army defeated the British and Tecumseh
        was killed. It is located on the 'mighty' Thames River. Not only are there
        land forces, but the RN also brings it's long boats (if that is the correct
        terminology) and there is a small water battle. It is one of the largest
        1812 events in Canada in terms of spectators. We usually draw between
        8000-12000 spectators. (Small by US standards).
        There is online registration and you are more that welcome to attend.
        There are several local motels very close if you need accommodations. Once
        again here is the web site.
        http://www.fairattheforks.com/

        Mark Dickerson

        > As you know we're planning to come across the pond for a wedding near
        > Albany, NY. I notice there is an event at Youngstown on Sunday 26th
        > September 2004 and at Chatham, Ont. On 2 & 3 October can you point me in
        the
        > direction of more information and who to contact I would like to see if
        > they'd let me come along.
      • Peter Catley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2004
          Gentlemen of His Most Britannic Majesty's Crown Forces in North America.

          Please charge and raise your glasses. The Toast is:

          "God Bless His Majesty King George III" on this the 266th Anniversary of His
          birth.

          Peter Catley

          Pioneer, IX (East Norfolk) Regiment of Foot

          and In-Pensioner of His Most Britannic Majesty's Royal Hospital at Chelsea,
          London. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.