Re: [WarOf1812] Meigs Pictures

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      dancingbobd@... wrote:

      >Great weather if you got packed before the monsoons hit. : ^ (
      >
      >Bob
      >[Who is finally dry, but his tent's aren't]

      Well put, Bob! May I add my thanks to everyone as well -- it's a rare
      event that I've been so well looked after. The Fort Meigs volunteers,
      other re-enactors, and 1812 List members were a constant stream of
      people dropping by my tent to see if I needed anything, be it food,
      drink, conversation, or even a bathroom break! It was delightful to
      meet so many list members, and as Dancing Bob put it, to put a face and
      a voice to the e-mails. I wish that I'd been able to get out to see
      more and to take people up on their invitations to visit their camps,
      but such is the life of the sutler, I suppose -- chained to the tent by
      the ankle (and not really complaining too hard about it, except when it
      comes to wanting to visit friends old and new :-D ).

      Special thanks is due to those brave folks who helped me take down and
      pack my 16 tons of sodden canvas during the tornado watch Sunday
      evening. I hope you made it through the night there all right, and that
      you're home and dry now!

      So . . . how soon can we do all that again??!!! Can't wait!

      YH&OS
      -- Sioux

      p.s. Hope to see y'all at Stoney Creek this weekend . . . :-)