1812 Events 2004

    Message 1 of 6 , May 27 7:17 AM
      From: "Andy" <droopy1963@...>

      Muster at Ft. Meigs in Ohio. June 19th and 20th.

      ------------------------

      As well

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2004 WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      June 4-6 Battle of Stoney Creek Ont
      June 12 1812 School Of The Sailor Royal Military College, Kingston
      June 11-13 Georgina Pioneer Village, Keswick, Ontario
      June 19-20 Genesee Country Village, Mumford NY
      June 19-20 Battle of Craney Island, Norfolk VA

      July 2-4 Lundy's Lane/Chippawa Ont (*Crown Forces Event)
      July 10-11 Crysler's Farm
      July 16-18 Prairie Du Chien ,Wisconsin
      July 23-25 Wasaga under Siege, Wasaga Beach, Ont
      July 31Aug 1 Fort Malden's Military Heritage Time Line

      Aug 7-8 Fort Erie Ont (*Crown Forces Event)
      Aug 14-15 Battle of Bladensburg, Riversdale, MD
      Aug 28-29 Fanshawe Pioneer Village London Ont
      ~

      The first weekend in July and August

      July 2-4 Lundy's Lane/Chippawa
      Aug 7-8 Fort Erie

      are two more events that the US Forces and Crown Forces
      are requesting all attend in an effort to make them larger
      events for the 1812 time period.

      ---------------------------------

      That is this summer ... but now for the

      Grand Tactical Ft. Meigs Ohio May 29-30
      the 1812 North America 'ALL-UP' Event.

      Grand Tactical 2005 dates should be announced
      this weekend.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
        1812'ers

        I apologise for my post of Thu, 27 May 2004, listing only June, July and
        August 1812 Events.

        This gave the impression that the 1812 season was finished at the end of
        August. We all know
        that is far from the truth. I was posting events for the next couple of
        months (Summer Season ONLY)
        so that all would know of 1812 events when they change the page on their
        calendars to June today.
        Thus my statement, "That is this summer"

        May I now respectfully post the

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2004 Crown Forces Events
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        July 2-4 Lundy's Lane/Chippawa
        Aug 7-8 Fort Erie

        (the US Forces listed at http://usforces1812.tripod.com
        have been informed of these events and it is hoped they
        are larger than normal events as Crown Forces units
        listed at http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        have agreed to attend)

        Now the 1812 year in date order

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2004 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        Jan 8-10 Battle of New Orleans, Chalmette, Louisiana
        Jan 17 River Raisin Memorial Monroe, MI

        Feb 14-15 Battle of Ogdensburg NY.

        Mar 6 Living History Conference, London, Ontario
        Mar 27-28 War of 1812 Symposium Jefferson Barracks Missouri.

        April 17 Crown Officer, NCO School - Fort York, Toronto
        April 18 Crown Artillery School - Fort York, Toronto
        April 17 S&F Clothing Conference Fort Meigs Perrysburg, Ohio

        May 1-2 Battle of Longwoods London Ont
        May 1-2 Capture of Havre De Grace, HDG, MD
        May 15-16 Militia Muster - Pine City, Minnesota
        May 15-16 Heritage Days Barrie Ont
        May 29-30 Grand Tactical Ft. Meigs Ohio
        (USA/Crown Forces 1812 North America 'ALL-UP' Event)

        June 4-6 Battle of Stoney Creek Ont
        June 12 1812 School Of The Sailor,Royal Military College, Kingston
        June 11-13 Georgina Pioneer Village, Keswick, Ontario
        June 19-20 Genesee Country Village, Mumford NY
        June 19-20 Battle of Craney Island, Norfolk VA
        June 26-27 Shandy Hall Encampment Geneva, Ohio

        July 2-4 Lundy's Lane/Chippawa Ont
        July 10-11 Crysler's Farm
        July 16-18 Prairie Du Chien ,Wisconsin
        July 23-25 Wasaga under Siege, Wasaga Beach, Ont
        July 31Aug 1 Fort Malden's Military Heritage Time Line

        Aug 7-8 Fort Erie Ont
        Aug 14-15 Battle of Bladensburg, Riversdale, MD
        Aug 28-29 Fanshawe Pioneer Village London Ont

        Sept 11-12 Battle of Lake Erie, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
        Sept 11-12 Battle of Backus Mills Port Rowan,Ont
        Sept 11-12 Napoleonic School of the Soldier, Bedford, PA
        Sept 10-12 Battle of Plattsburgh, NY
        Sept 10-12 Battle of Baltimore, Ft McHenry, Baltimore, MD
        Sept 25-26 Fort Niagara 1812 Weekend, Youngstown NY
        Sept 25-26 Battle of St Leonard's Creek, Mackall, MD

        Oct 2-3 Battle of the Thames, Chatham, Ont.
        Oct 8-10 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.
        Oct 23 1812 Militia Muster, Sully Plantation, Chantilly VA
        Oct 23-24 Fort Osage Militia Muster, Sibley Missouri.

        Dec 4 Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering Hamilton Ont

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2005 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        Jan 8-9 Chalmette National Park New Orleans
        Jan 22 River Raisin Battle Commemoration Monroe, Mi
        May 7-8 Battle of Longwoods London Ont
        Oct 7-9 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.

        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        2006 WAR Of 1812 Events List
        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

        Oct 15-17 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.

        ----------------- Fini -----------------

        As the Summer Events were listed on my earlier post
        may I point out the following

        Sept 11-12 Napoleonic School of the Soldier, Bedford, PA
        Sept 25-26 Fort Niagara 1812 Weekend, Youngstown NY

        The Napoleonic School of the Soldier is an event that is
        being held in anticipation of a large Napoleonic Event next
        year at the same site The Old Bedford Village
        www.oldbedfordvillage.com

        American Forces are invited and will act as Dutch/Belgium
        Allies if they attend. A change for them as they will shoot
        'WITH' instead of 'AT' the Crown Forces!

        Contact Ken Hall KHall1207@... for more information
        or to register

        Fort Niagara is an important event to attend this year for two reasons,
        first, the historical site is very re-enactor friendly, is a great place
        to spend the weekend and has been active in many time periods
        particularly 1812.

        Secondly, the site will be crucial in the 2005 Grand Tactical as Doug
        DeCroix and David Webb of Fort George have been in talks to this end.

        This next season is very important as well, Santa will be writing his
        list of naughty or nice re-enactors sooooo.............

        Oct 8-10 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Ind.
        Dec 4 Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering Hamilton Ont

        will be shopping Mecca's for those good re-enactors.

        I hope this will help all to plan their 1812.

        Listed are the events I have to date. If you have an event date not listed
        here,
        do not email this writer, please "REPLY TO ALL" with your event and date
        inserted into the correct list.

        Thanking you in advance for this favour,

        Yh&os

        Larry Lozon
      • Peter Catley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
          Larry,

          As you know we're planning to come across the pond for a wedding near
          Albany, NY. I notice there is an event at Youngstown on Sunday 26th
          September 2004 and at Chatham, Ont. On 2 & 3 October can you point me in the
          direction of more information and who to contact I would like to see if
          they'd let me come along.

          Cheers

          P**

[...]

          square miles...

        • glifencible
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
            Mr P**

            you can find some information on the events below:

            http://www.oldfortniagara.org/ (25-26 September)
            http://www.fairattheforks.com/ (3-4 October)

            Hope this helps
            Regards
            Bill

            > As you know we're planning to come across the pond for a wedding near
            > Albany, NY. I notice there is an event at Youngstown on Sunday 26th
            > September 2004 and at Chatham, Ont. On 2 & 3 October can you point
            me in the direction of more information and who to contact I would
            like to see if they'd let me come along.

            > Cheers
            >
            > P**
          • mark dickerson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
              Hi Peter. Mark Dickerson here. I am the military coordinator for the
              Battle of the Thames/Faire at the Forks in Chatham, Ontario. It is located
              about 1 hour from Detroit along the 401 highway. The week end recreates the
              Battle of the Thames where Harrison's army defeated the British and Tecumseh
              was killed. It is located on the 'mighty' Thames River. Not only are there
              land forces, but the RN also brings it's long boats (if that is the correct
              terminology) and there is a small water battle. It is one of the largest
              1812 events in Canada in terms of spectators. We usually draw between
              8000-12000 spectators. (Small by US standards).
              There is online registration and you are more that welcome to attend.
              There are several local motels very close if you need accommodations. Once
              again here is the web site.
              http://www.fairattheforks.com/

              Mark Dickerson

              > As you know we're planning to come across the pond for a wedding near
              > Albany, NY. I notice there is an event at Youngstown on Sunday 26th
              > September 2004 and at Chatham, Ont. On 2 & 3 October can you point me in
              the
              > direction of more information and who to contact I would like to see if
              > they'd let me come along.
            • Peter Catley
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2004
                Gentlemen of His Most Britannic Majesty's Crown Forces in North America.

                Please charge and raise your glasses. The Toast is:

                "God Bless His Majesty King George III" on this the 266th Anniversary of His
                birth.

                Peter Catley

                Pioneer, IX (East Norfolk) Regiment of Foot

                and In-Pensioner of His Most Britannic Majesty's Royal Hospital at Chelsea,
                London. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.