Re: authenticity or accessability

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 1999
      Sean wrote ..
      > At night we relax the standard a bit and some modern
      > food, snacks and drinks may appear.

      Whoa Sean, you struck a nerve with this one. I think
      my biggest pet peeve as a re-enactor is seeing the
      camp chairs & relaxed dress code come out when the
      tourists go home. Really the only time we re-enactors
      have a chance to experience those "special moments"
      where we're surrounded by authenticity IS AFTER the
      tourists leave. Nothing gets my goat worse than seeing
      somebody slip on Nikes and turn on the tape player
      while his tenage kids completely forsake the period
      costumes.