Re: Multi-period Silliness....Oh, the humanity!

  • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
      In a message dated 7/27/99 11:29:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
      fullerfamily@... writes:

      << 2) The 'that's all there is' form. A documented instance of 'Y' being
      taken as canon. This one is probably my favorite *NOT*. The best instance
      of this is the 'leader
      type' that decides all soldiers would set equipment up in the field 'by the
      book', no deviations. >>

      There is of course the middle ground which personally I am a proponent of.
      Tat the troops know how to set it up by the book but do it 'field style' for
      most displays, not bothering to even learn how to do it right in the first
      [place is the slippery slope to sloppiness.
      I remember in the very early days of the NA we would have people ask if they
      could turn up in campaign dress of greatcoat and shako. Of course having done
      this once they were very reluctant to get any more gear. We soon brought in a
      rule of full dress first THEN campaign gear.