Re: [WarOf1812] Waterloo '05(?)

  • Doc Walsh
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2004
      There are rumours of a massive event next year to celebrate the 200 anniversary of Trafalgar which may be of interest to our friends across the water.
      I certainly would attend such an event at Portsmouth united kingdom......we shall see so as they say "watch this space" lol
      take care
      Doc Walsh.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2004
        Nick et al,

        So far the rumours about a big event at Portsmouth next year have proved to
        be only rumours, if there was to be an event the planning would have started
        by now.

        There is The Festival of the Sea but the content as yet is not clear, the
        web site only says it is expected to be launched in Spring 2004 and the
        event is on 30 June to 3 July 2005..

        Cheers

        P**

        * Found the little news gem below about ongoing politics over the
        Waterloo battlefield on a British newspaper site.
        It made me wonder if anyone had heard any more news of a
        Waterloo re-enactment in 2005?
        .

        square miles...

        ---------------------------------