Re: 1812 Living historians needed

  • Fred C Dobbs
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2004
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Greathouse" <jgreath511@a...>
      wrote:
      > Ladies and Gentlemen,
      >
      > I am making a last ditch (and last minute) call for War of 1812
      > living historians to attend a "Military Through the Ages"
      encampment
      > at the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville,
      NC
      > on the 22/23 of May. We have tried to find a local or near local
      > 1812 unit to come without success. (There are tons of Civil War
      > units. In fact, we had to limit the number of CW units coming)

      I don't come from the area, but it seems to meI heard of a 95th
      Sharpe's Rifles group down in Virg. or NC- give them a call? They
      might just be what you're looking for.

      Fred
    • Ed Seufert
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2004
        Actually the group was from Maryland and "NO!", they are not what he is looking for.

        Ed Seufert, LCpl
        1812 Royal Marines

        > I am making a last ditch (and last minute) call for War of 1812
        > living historians to attend a "Military Through the Ages"
        encampment
        > at the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville,
        NC
        > on the 22/23 of May. We have tried to find a local or near local
        > 1812 unit to come without success. (There are tons of Civil War
        > units. In fact, we had to limit the number of CW units coming)

        I don't come from the area, but it seems to meI heard of a 95th
        Sharpe's Rifles group down in Virg. or NC- give them a call? They
        might just be what you're looking for.

        Fred

        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com