Re: [WarOf1812] 1812 Living historians needed

  • Ed Seufert
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      Jim,

      There is a unit in the North Carolina area that portrays 21st Foot, Northumberland Fusiliers. The contact person is listed below; unfortunately he is not on this list.

      John Truelove
      5041 Langley Circle
      Raleigh NC 27609
      (919) 781-0355

      You may also want to contact the 2nd Virginia at Ft Norfolk, http://members.cox.net/2varegiment/. Though I believe they may not be able to make your event due to commitments with the fort, they are in contact with other Virginia units that possibly could.

      Unfortunately, we Royal Marines here in Maryland have another commitment that weekend.

      Ed Seufert, Cpl
      1812 Royal Marines

      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2004
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Greathouse" <jgreath511@a...>
        wrote:
        > Ladies and Gentlemen,
        >
        > I am making a last ditch (and last minute) call for War of 1812
        > living historians to attend a "Military Through the Ages"
        encampment
        > at the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville,
        NC
        > on the 22/23 of May. We have tried to find a local or near local
        > 1812 unit to come without success. (There are tons of Civil War
        > units. In fact, we had to limit the number of CW units coming)

        I don't come from the area, but it seems to meI heard of a 95th
        Sharpe's Rifles group down in Virg. or NC- give them a call? They
        might just be what you're looking for.

        Fred
      • Ed Seufert
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2004
          Actually the group was from Maryland and "NO!", they are not what he is looking for.

          Ed Seufert, LCpl
          1812 Royal Marines