Colour of Canteens

  • Dave Frederick
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 4:06 PM
      I was just wondering if anyone out there knew what colour was used
      for the canteens and officers footlockers? If they had a paint code
      it would be of great help.

      thank you
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2004
        From: "Dave Frederick" <dfredrick4@...>

        I was just wondering if anyone out there knew what colour was used
        for the canteens and officers footlockers? If they had a paint code
        it would be of great help.
        ------------------------

        Dave visit http://www.militaryheritage.com/canteen.htm
        if it is Crown Forces cateens you seek

        I am under the impression officers footlockers were personally purchased
        and would be a variety of stains and colors. Other ranks boxes would be
        owned by the Board of Ordinance and would be gun carriage gray

        Yrs.,
        L2
      • Dave Frederick
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2004