Longwoods

  • ray.hobbs@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 51 , May 3, 2004
      On behalf of the Forty First Regt. I offer my thanks and congratulations to the UTMRS and Royal Scots
      for the week-end at Longwoods. In spite of the Sunday rain, the week-end was most enjoyable. All your
      hard work is greatly appreciated.
      It was a fine start to the 'regular season'.
      With kit now drying out, with sore legs, feet and backs being revived, the number of campaign stories
      will be expanded.
      To Paul Kelly - thanks for the pictures, and likewise to our own Tom Fournier.
      The Saturday battle was great, but I have one complaint - it was too short!! The Bess barrels had hardly
      warmed up before a surrender was being negotiated. However, I did enjoy seeing the deployment of
      the Glenns and Native warriors work so well with the flanking movement, and I understand there was a
      lot of fun at the bridge.
      All in all, great week-end
      Ray Hobbs
      CO 41st Regt.
      Hamilton, Ont.
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 51 of 51 , May 8

        Good morning list

        I would like to thank the Royal Scot Lights for their wonderful work hosting us this weekend at the Longwoods Conservation Area just outside of London, Ontario.

        I marvel at the resiliency and high spirts so evident in reenactors!

        In spite of terrible weather forecasts all week, we had a remarkable turnout and actually had a very good weekend.  All drill sessions and battle scenarios went as planned.

        I am so happy all were rewarded with a sunny day and dry canvas to wrap up the weekend!

        I found the American forces to be very active and energetic and truly a daunting opponent.

        I would also like to thank the assembled British, Canadian and Native forces for their support and fine efforts.  It is always a joy to watch the dedication with which they train to refine their impression and the skill they demonstrate in application.

        Next up is our first Crown Forces event of the season at Fort Meigs.  Stoney Creek quickly follows.  I hope to see strong turnouts and great support at both events.

        Truly I remain,

        Your most humble and obedient Servant,

        Tom Fournier, Lt. Colonel

        Crown Forces