1812 Living historians needed

  • Jim Greathouse
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2004
      Ladies and Gentlemen,

      I am making a last ditch (and last minute) call for War of 1812
      living historians to attend a "Military Through the Ages" encampment
      at the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville, NC
      on the 22/23 of May. We have tried to find a local or near local
      1812 unit to come without success. (There are tons of Civil War
      units. In fact, we had to limit the number of CW units coming)

      Our program is filled with soldiers from the French and Indian War to
      the Korean War and the only period we are missing is the War of
      1812. We can provide fire wood, hay, water, a good meal Sat. night
      and a military ball after dinner. Also in attendance is the
      Victorian Dance Emsemble, musical entertainment, and a period fashion
      show. Anyone wishing arrive Friday and camp out is welcome to. The
      museum is located on the site of the 1838-1865 North Carolina Arsenal
      in Fayetteville.

      If anyone is interested please send me an email and I will send you
      more info.

      Thanks in advance and regards,

      Jim Greathouse
    • History
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        Hello Jim,

        If you go to this site http://history.revisited.ca you can post your
        announcement under submit news. Once posted I will also list it on my
        War of 1812 site. You don't have to register to post news but it is
        useful if you want to include more details and updates.

        To bad on the timing, it does sound like a neat event to attend.

        Best regards,

        John Sek

        check out War of 1812 site http://www.iaw.com/~jsek

        and New web site http://history.revisited.ca
      • Ed Seufert
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          Jim,

          There is a unit in the North Carolina area that portrays 21st Foot, Northumberland Fusiliers. The contact person is listed below; unfortunately he is not on this list.

          John Truelove
          5041 Langley Circle
          Raleigh NC 27609
          (919) 781-0355

          You may also want to contact the 2nd Virginia at Ft Norfolk, http://members.cox.net/2varegiment/. Though I believe they may not be able to make your event due to commitments with the fort, they are in contact with other Virginia units that possibly could.

          Unfortunately, we Royal Marines here in Maryland have another commitment that weekend.

          Ed Seufert, Cpl
          1812 Royal Marines

[...]

          ---------------------------------
          Crown Forces Unit Listing:
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          American Forces Unit Lisiting
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Fred C Dobbs
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2004
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Greathouse" <jgreath511@a...>
            wrote:
            > Ladies and Gentlemen,
            >
            > I am making a last ditch (and last minute) call for War of 1812
            > living historians to attend a "Military Through the Ages"
            encampment
            > at the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville,
            NC
            > on the 22/23 of May. We have tried to find a local or near local
            > 1812 unit to come without success. (There are tons of Civil War
            > units. In fact, we had to limit the number of CW units coming)

            I don't come from the area, but it seems to meI heard of a 95th
            Sharpe's Rifles group down in Virg. or NC- give them a call? They
            might just be what you're looking for.

            Fred
          • Ed Seufert
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2004
              Actually the group was from Maryland and "NO!", they are not what he is looking for.

              Ed Seufert, LCpl
              1812 Royal Marines