Re: [WarOf1812] Side whiskers & closure

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2004
      In a message dated 4/21/04 9:21:04 AM, whiteesq@... writes:

      > Perhaps, its because it would make us Marines too good looking???? :-)  Bob
      > White, U.S. Marine on board Constitution

      Perhaps because if the Commandant liked it and tried to re-introduce it in
      the corps there would be a mutiny! In the British army the order to cut off the
      que came through in 1806 (I forget the date) but less than a week later the
      order was countermanded but it was too late, everyone but the Royal Welsh
      Fuziliers had got rid of them and no one was keen to see them return.

      (Just returned from Houston)