Re: [WarOf1812] tactfull English

  • John E Greig
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2004
      From: Larry Lozon
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 6:26 PM
      Subject: [WarOf1812] tactfull English

      Ray Hobbs wrote:

      "A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it ..."

      John Greig wrote:"

      It is amazing how tactfull us English can be !!!!!

      ______________

      Squire John
      Bite your tongue!

      Commander Hobbs is a WELCHMEN !

      (note spelling used by the Royal Regiment of Wales
      was the 41st Regiment of Foot)

      Not an ENGLISHMAN ...... as you have
      sat with him in the 41st mess!

      Possibly a matter of honour, Sir!!

      Yrs
      L2

      Methinks the Hon.Lar is stirring.

      There was no intention of insulting the learned son of Owen Glendower.
      Squire John

      ---------------------------------
      Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

      American Forces Unit Lisiting
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • debsfuller
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@n...> wrote:

        > Squire John
        > Bite your tongue!
        >
        > Commander Hobbs is a WELCHMEN !

        He makes grape juice? Wow. How'd he get grapes to grow that far
        North?

        ;)

        Deb
      • badger222ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "debsfuller" <debsfuller@y...>
          wrote:
          > He makes grape juice? Wow. How'd he get grapes to grow that far
          > North?
          >
          > ;)
          >
          > Deb

          Next time you venture to the Great White North, you should try some
          of the many vintages from the Niagara or the Pelee regions. Parts of
          southern Canada are on the same latitude as northern California. Our
          colder winters, combined with Canadian innovation, have taken
          winemaking a step further and given the world the wonder that is ice
          wine.
          To the King!
          T. Avery
        • John E Greig

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
              From: "John E Greig" <je.greig@...>

              I've tried the Niagara alcholic grape juice at Jackson -Triggs.
              Certainly better that English wine.

              Squire John

              When you next visit the Colonies I promise you shall not
              have to drink "grape juice"!

              Nothing but REAL Wine, Ports and Sherrys, Squire....
              whether from Niagara, Pelee, California and even Indiana ......

              Last year we seemed to have eliminated the Mississinewa area
              of Oliver Winery's 'Soft Red' One of Indiana's oldest and largest
              winery with over 18 varieties of premium wine from Cabernet
              Sauvignon to Blackberry.

              and don't forget the Almond Sherry ..........

              Now get to bed you have to journey to Glasgow tomorrow
              ....... hmmm Single Malt! ...... ideal for Communion in the
              new Church of what tastes good ............

              I know 10 Hail Marys and put some money in the poor box!

              Yh&os

              L2
            • Angela Gottfred
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
                > the many vintages from the Niagara or the Pelee regions. Parts of
                > southern Canada are on the same latitude as northern California.

                And don't forget all those wonderful Okanagan Valley (B.C.) wines, especially
                ice wines, grown north of the 51st parallel.

                Your very humble & most obedient servant,
                Angela Gottfred