tactfull English

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
      Ray Hobbs wrote:

      "A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it ..."

      John Greig wrote:"

      It is amazing how tactfull us English can be !!!!!

      ______________

      Squire John
      Bite your tongue!

      Commander Hobbs is a WELCHMEN !

      (note spelling used by the Royal Regiment of Wales
      was the 41st Regiment of Foot)

      Not an ENGLISHMAN ...... as you have
      sat with him in the 41st mess!

      Possibly a matter of honour, Sir!!

      Yrs
      L2
    • John E Greig
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2004

        John Greig wrote:"

        It is amazing how tactfull us English can be !!!!!

        ______________

        Squire John
        Bite your tongue!

        Commander Hobbs is a WELCHMEN !

        (note spelling used by the Royal Regiment of Wales
        was the 41st Regiment of Foot)

        Not an ENGLISHMAN ...... as you have
        sat with him in the 41st mess!

        Possibly a matter of honour, Sir!!

        Yrs
        L2

        Methinks the Hon.Lar is stirring.

        There was no intention of insulting the learned son of Owen Glendower.
        Squire John

        ---------------------------------
        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

        American Forces Unit Lisiting
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • debsfuller
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@n...> wrote:

          > Squire John
          > Bite your tongue!
          >
          > Commander Hobbs is a WELCHMEN !

          He makes grape juice? Wow. How'd he get grapes to grow that far
          North?

          ;)

          Deb
        • badger222ca
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "debsfuller" <debsfuller@y...>
            wrote:
            > He makes grape juice? Wow. How'd he get grapes to grow that far
            > North?
            >
            > ;)
            >
            > Deb

            Next time you venture to the Great White North, you should try some
            of the many vintages from the Niagara or the Pelee regions. Parts of
            southern Canada are on the same latitude as northern California. Our
            colder winters, combined with Canadian innovation, have taken
            winemaking a step further and given the world the wonder that is ice
            wine.
            To the King!
            T. Avery
          • John E Greig

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
                From: "John E Greig" <je.greig@...>

                I've tried the Niagara alcholic grape juice at Jackson -Triggs.
                Certainly better that English wine.

                Squire John

                When you next visit the Colonies I promise you shall not
                have to drink "grape juice"!

                Nothing but REAL Wine, Ports and Sherrys, Squire....
                whether from Niagara, Pelee, California and even Indiana ......

                Last year we seemed to have eliminated the Mississinewa area
                of Oliver Winery's 'Soft Red' One of Indiana's oldest and largest
                winery with over 18 varieties of premium wine from Cabernet
                Sauvignon to Blackberry.

                and don't forget the Almond Sherry ..........

                Now get to bed you have to journey to Glasgow tomorrow
                ....... hmmm Single Malt! ...... ideal for Communion in the
                new Church of what tastes good ............

                I know 10 Hail Marys and put some money in the poor box!

                Yh&os

                L2
              • Angela Gottfred
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 5, 2004
                  > the many vintages from the Niagara or the Pelee regions. Parts of
                  > southern Canada are on the same latitude as northern California.

                  And don't forget all those wonderful Okanagan Valley (B.C.) wines, especially
                  ice wines, grown north of the 51st parallel.

                  Your very humble & most obedient servant,
                  Angela Gottfred