Washing?

  • Terry Lubka
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 6:53 AM
      What's with all this talk of washing and getting rid of smells. I
      find that if everyone sweats and hangs around the fire you all reek
      yet you really don't smell that bad. But when I do get home from a
      reenactment the first thing my wife says is, "shower, now!!!"

      Funny story.
      A friend told me he once traveled with a group of guys to a ACW
      event. They all piled into a panel van. Coming home from the event
      they didn't even bother to change out of their smelly, & dirty
      Confederate uniforms. Approximately 1/2 hour from the US/CDN border
      they rolled up all the windows. When it was their turn at the CDN
      customs gate the Customs guard sticks his head in to have a look at
      all the human refuge in the back of that van. One wiff and he quickly
      stood back and told them to go. No questions asked.

      Terry
      25 US
      PPCLI (WW1 & WW2)