Re: Re: [WarOf1812] .... regarding vodka

  • ray.hobbs@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      Oh, the Horror, the Horror (apologies to Captain Kurtz)
      What a waste of good alcohol!
      Have to protest ,sirs, just have to protest. What is the world coming to?

      A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it, I am sure - tried it many times and no one in my vicinity
      has complained or fainted.

      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt
      Head of the Lake
      Upper Canada

      > From: Kevin & Allison Windsor <kevin.windsor@...>
      > Date: 2004/04/01 Thu PM 05:46:07 EST
      > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] .... regarding vodka

    • Susan Spencer McLean
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        You can also use a spritzing of undiluted rosewater (followed by drying
        on a clothesline), if you can't bring yourself to use alcohol. This is
        particularly effective on smoke odours. Or, for those who prefer a
        longer-lasting scent, a good quality linen water (which does contain a
        smidge of 100 proof alcohol) will also do the trick.

        (And you can get both at your friendly neighborhood sutlery . . . !! ;-) )

        -- Sioux
        --

        Mrs. McLean's Mercantile
        www.MrsMcLeansMercantile.com <http://www.mrsmcleansmercantile.com>

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
          From: "Kevin Windsor" <kevin.windsor@...>

          " ... you can use 90% alcohol (available at LCBO or booze store with permit)
          and mix it half and half with water... use undiluted rubbing alcohol in a
          spray bottle.
          __________

          Kevin

          ALCOHOL - 95* LCBO 500 mL bottle Price $ 20.15

          For the subscribers from UK, New Zealand, Japan, etc. .
          LCBO = Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
          In the Province of Ontario in Canada we do not have privately
          owned liquor stores all are owned and operated by the Provincial
          Government

          Rubbing Alcohol 500 mL bottle Price $ 8.95

          Wal-Mart Household Bleach 5L bottle Price $ 1.76

          Do the math .......

          Cheaper yet: Ray Hobbs writes

          A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it,
          I am sure - tried it many times .......

          or of course use a bottle of
          JAIME 1 BRANDY MIGUEL TORRES 750 mL $ 139.00

          .................... :*)
        • Kevin & Allison Windsor
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
            only field officers can afford that!!

            Larry Lozon wrote:

            > or of course use a bottle of
            > JAIME 1 BRANDY MIGUEL TORRES 750 mL $ 139.00
          • John E Greig
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
              It is amazing how tactfull us English can be !!!!!

              Squire John
              A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it, I am sure - tried it many times and no one in my vicinity
              has complained or fainted.

              Ray Hobbs
              41st Regt
              Head of the Lake