Re: [WarOf1812] .... regarding vodka

  • Kevin & Allison Windsor
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      also you can use 90% alcohol (available at LCBO or booze store with permit) and mix it half and half with water.
      I used this on a WWI bed kit that hadn't been aired out since WWI finished and had this fungus stuff growing on it, and it smelled fresh as leather and canvas could after
      85 years. They don't sell it over the counter because the rummies would try to buy it and it's not really drinkable and would taste a lot worse than mouthwash!!
      However, if you are not fortunate enough to work at a museum just use undiluted rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. It will get the stink out, and if you bring it to
      events you can spray it on your feet to kill foot odor and fungus!

      Cheaper than Vodka and why waste good stuff to get drunk on!!

      Kevin
      (who sometimes does real work at the museum!)

    • ray.hobbs@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        Oh, the Horror, the Horror (apologies to Captain Kurtz)
        What a waste of good alcohol!
        Have to protest ,sirs, just have to protest. What is the world coming to?

        A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it, I am sure - tried it many times and no one in my vicinity
        has complained or fainted.

        Ray Hobbs
        41st Regt
        Head of the Lake
        Upper Canada

        > From: Kevin & Allison Windsor <kevin.windsor@...>
        > Date: 2004/04/01 Thu PM 05:46:07 EST
        > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] .... regarding vodka

      • Susan Spencer McLean
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
          You can also use a spritzing of undiluted rosewater (followed by drying
          on a clothesline), if you can't bring yourself to use alcohol. This is
          particularly effective on smoke odours. Or, for those who prefer a
          longer-lasting scent, a good quality linen water (which does contain a
          smidge of 100 proof alcohol) will also do the trick.

          (And you can get both at your friendly neighborhood sutlery . . . !! ;-) )

          -- Sioux
          --

          Mrs. McLean's Mercantile
          www.MrsMcLeansMercantile.com <http://www.mrsmcleansmercantile.com>

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
            From: "Kevin Windsor" <kevin.windsor@...>

            " ... you can use 90% alcohol (available at LCBO or booze store with permit)
            and mix it half and half with water... use undiluted rubbing alcohol in a
            spray bottle.
            __________

            Kevin

            ALCOHOL - 95* LCBO 500 mL bottle Price $ 20.15

            For the subscribers from UK, New Zealand, Japan, etc. .
            LCBO = Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
            In the Province of Ontario in Canada we do not have privately
            owned liquor stores all are owned and operated by the Provincial
            Government

            Rubbing Alcohol 500 mL bottle Price $ 8.95

            Wal-Mart Household Bleach 5L bottle Price $ 1.76

            Do the math .......

            Cheaper yet: Ray Hobbs writes

            A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it,
            I am sure - tried it many times .......

            or of course use a bottle of
            JAIME 1 BRANDY MIGUEL TORRES 750 mL $ 139.00

            .................... :*)
          • Kevin & Allison Windsor
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
              only field officers can afford that!!

              Larry Lozon wrote:

              > or of course use a bottle of
              > JAIME 1 BRANDY MIGUEL TORRES 750 mL $ 139.00
            • John E Greig
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
                It is amazing how tactfull us English can be !!!!!

                Squire John
                A good airing of the redcoat etc. would do it, I am sure - tried it many times and no one in my vicinity
                has complained or fainted.

                Ray Hobbs
                41st Regt
                Head of the Lake