Was Vodka, now cleaning...

  • glifencible
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
      I use Dryel to wash all of my reenactment stuff. Just throw all the
      stuff in the supplied bag with the towlette thing, put it in the dryer
      for 30 minutes and voila... even got out the mustard and pizza stains!

      So far, I've washed my uniform 3 times without any problems*.

      *use at your own risk
    • mark dickerson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
        Wash?!? You mean I was s uppose to be washing this stuff? My Sgt's tunic
        is 11 years old now. Maybe THAT"S why they promoted my out of the ranks
        into the officer's world! Hmmmmmm...
        Mark D

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "J.Bruce Whittaker" <ortheris@r...>
          wrote:

          > They just use a vapouriser type sprayer and spray the smelly
          garment with vodka. So if you have a garment that you can't wash or
          dry clean often perhaps the Stratford vodka spray system may be just
          the thing. I know it seems a waste of alcohol but it is only vodka
          after all not 12 year old single malt Scotch.

          Hehehe, that trick has been known for years in the theater world.
          Another product if you don't want to sacrifice your vodka is
          called "Fresh Again". It works better than Frebreeze, which IMHO,
          doesn't do a darn thing.

          I don't like the Dryel brand drying cleaning stuff because of the
          heavy perfumes. You can sometimes find another brand which is
          unscented or not as scented which works just as well and doesn't
          leave a heavy odor. But I'd also follow up with the vodka or fresh
          again around the underarms and collar area.

          Surprisingly, I have found that natural fabrics don't get nearly as
          smelly and wash out cleaner than the new microfiber coolmax type
          fabrics that are out there. I have a few microfiber shirts that I got
          for sailing and it doesn't matter how much deodorant I use, as soon
          as I start sweating, I feel rank. But if I have on cotton t-shirts, I
          feel fine. I use them all the time at the barn during the Summer and
          get really grubby but never feel stinky. (Of course, sweaty horses
          might be masking how bad I really smell too. ;)

          Deb
        • glifencible
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
            > I don't like the Dryel brand drying cleaning stuff because of the
            > heavy perfumes. You can sometimes find another brand which is
            > unscented or not as scented which works just as well and doesn't
            > leave a heavy odor. But I'd also follow up with the vodka or fresh
            > again around the underarms and collar area.

            It's better than smelling the guys beside me... besides, after
            sitting next to a fire for 5 minutes everything smells like smoke
            anyway. :)