Re: [WarOf1812] Buying a musket

  • Brian Luscombe
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 25, 2004
      If you are Canadian, and you purchase a musket in
      Canada, you do not have to register it with the
      Canadian Firearms Registry. According to the
      Government, it does not meet the criteria for registry
      because it is a flintlock. If it was percussion cap,
      that would be a different story.

      Const. Brian Luscombe
      O.P.P. (and fellow reenactor)
      --- Rob Taylor <niagara_falls_98@...> wrote:
      > Do you have to register a musket if you buy one in
      > Canada?
      >
      > signed,
      > Rob Taylor
      >

      > =====
      > War of 1812 Website: war1812.tripod.com

      > Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on
      > time.
      > http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • Terry Lubka
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 26, 2004
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, David Webb <alderweb@v...> wrote:
        >I understand that the explosive regulations have just changed, and
        the maximum quantity of black powder that can be stored without
        having a licensed magazine for the purpose is 10 kg, not 25kg, as was
        earlier the case. This might impact on some unit purchases. I will
        try to get some confirmation on this.
        > --Dave Webb

        Well if you buy 25Ib's of blackpowder in bulk (box), to get around
        this law just divide it up to all your members. That's what we do on
        occasion. Have you seen the price of powder lately? The last time we
        bought some it was close to $16.00 a Ib!
        In regards to registering a musket. As mentioned you don't have to
        but do take note of who you vote for in the next Canadian Federal
        election. The Conservative party say's they'll scrap the gun registry
        program if elected into power....
        I just love watching the Liberal party meltdown with the Adscam
        enquiry.

        Terry
        25 US