Re: Sacketts Harbour Battlefield!! PLEASE READ

  • usmarine1814
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2004
      >Mr. Suthren
      Of course it would be great to have you there in uniform. I will get
      you all the nitty gritty specifics asap. The schedule looks like a
      series of wreath layings, speeches and salute firings. One for the
      British Canadian and their Native American Allies at or near the
      sight of their landing, another on the part of the field that we are
      hoping to save and the last at the sight of the American last stand.
      The American Bockhouse, Fort Tompkins and Marine Barracks. The local
      veterans groups will be holding receptions prior to , and after the
      ceremonies for food and refreshments and like I said those who do not
      wish to stay in a tent may have access to the Historic Sites
      buildings. There are also plenty of Hotel and Motels around as well.
      Thank you very much for considering this event.

      YHOS
      Colin Murphy
    • suthren@magma.ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
        Roger that, Colin. I'll stand by to hear date/time/details.
        Vic
        > Of course it would be great to have you there in uniform. I will get
        > you all the nitty gritty specifics asap. The schedule looks like a
        > series of wreath layings, speeches and salute firings. One for the
        > British Canadian and their Native American Allies at or near the
        > sight of their landing, another on the part of the field that we are
        > hoping to save and the last at the sight of the American last stand.
        > The American Bockhouse, Fort Tompkins and Marine Barracks. The local
        > veterans groups will be holding receptions prior to , and after the
        > ceremonies for food and refreshments and like I said those who do not
        > wish to stay in a tent may have access to the Historic Sites
        > buildings. There are also plenty of Hotel and Motels around as well.
        > Thank you very much for considering this event.
        >
        > YHOS
        > Colin Murphy

        square miles...