Re: Crew in an 1812 Privateer?

  • usmarine1814
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      For all those who haven't had the pleasure of being aboard the Lynx I
      can only say that the crew members and the members of Woods Maritime
      (the owners of the ship)are some of the finest people I've met. I
      sailed on board for a short trip out in Cal when she cruised into her
      home port of Newport Beach for the first time as Mr Woods made us
      the "United States Marine Detachment to the Lynx" (I know she's a
      privateer but I guess he just thought that having Marines on Board
      completed his crew). Being in uniform on that ship, acting as the
      captain's guard at the wheel back in the stern section and watching
      the bow undulate through the rolling Pacific was a feeling I won't
      forget. She's is gorgeous and the crew, support team and the
      ownership are top notch. I can only say those who can should apply.
      YHOS
      Colin Murphy
      USS Con.
      1812MG