Crew in an 1812 Privateer?

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Gentlemen/Ladies

      The excellent War of 1812 American Privateer Replica LYNX, operated by the Defense Of Freedom Foundation of Newport Beach, CA, will be bringing the LYNX home from Kauai to San Francisco at the end of this summer. This handsome, armed square-topsail schooner is sailed in period 1812 dress and is an exciting immersion into the world of an American privateersman of that era.

      Re-enactor men and women of normal good health interested in posssibly experiencing the most formative two weeks or so of your life are encouraged to consider applying for one of the berths available for this voyage. For information open http://www.privateerlynx.com

      Yours aye

      Victor Suthren
      Maritime History Consultant
      Privateer Lynx
      Defense of Freedom Foundation

    • Len Heidebrecht
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        Wow Vic,
        Man that looks like fun. You have a very nice section in there
        yourself I see.
        Jeez, I wonder if they need a cooper?
        Dreamily,
        Len
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <suthren@m...> wrote:
        > Gentlemen/Ladies
        >
        > The excellent War of 1812 American Privateer Replica LYNX, operated
        by the Defense Of Freedom Foundation of Newport Beach, CA, will be
        bringing the LYNX home from Kauai to San Francisco at the end of this
        summer. This handsome, armed square-topsail schooner is sailed in
        period 1812 dress and is an exciting immersion into the world of an
        American privateersman of that era.

        > Re-enactor men and women of normal good health interested in
        posssibly experiencing the most formative two weeks or so of your
        life are encouraged to consider applying for one of the berths
        available for this voyage. For information open
        http://www.privateerlynx.com

        > Yours aye
        >
        > Victor Suthren
        > Maritime History Consultant
        > Privateer Lynx
        > Defense of Freedom Foundation

      • usmarine1814
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
          For all those who haven't had the pleasure of being aboard the Lynx I
          can only say that the crew members and the members of Woods Maritime
          (the owners of the ship)are some of the finest people I've met. I
          sailed on board for a short trip out in Cal when she cruised into her
          home port of Newport Beach for the first time as Mr Woods made us
          the "United States Marine Detachment to the Lynx" (I know she's a
          privateer but I guess he just thought that having Marines on Board
          completed his crew). Being in uniform on that ship, acting as the
          captain's guard at the wheel back in the stern section and watching
          the bow undulate through the rolling Pacific was a feeling I won't
          forget. She's is gorgeous and the crew, support team and the
          ownership are top notch. I can only say those who can should apply.
          YHOS
          Colin Murphy
          USS Con.
          1812MG