This day in history - nothing to do with Jesus

  • glifencible
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 3:05 PM
      Lower Canada militia disbanded 1815.
    • ray.hobbs@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 3:19 PM
        Except Coleman's Troop of The Canadian Light Dragoons, raised in Montreal. They were disbanded
        after May 13, 1815, according to the letter from Captain Thomas Coleman to de Rottenburg written on
        that date. Coleman writes that his men were "anxious to stand down". I bet they were!
        Ray Hobbs
        41st Regt

        > From: "glifencible" <glifencibles@...>
        > Date: 2004/03/01 Mon PM 06:05:52 EST
        > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [WarOf1812] This day in history - nothing to do with Jesus
        >
        > Lower Canada militia disbanded 1815.

        The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North
        America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...